About Victoria Police
Arson and Explosives Squad
Release date: Wed 16 May 2007
Last updated: Tue 13 January 2015
The role of Arson and Explosives is to respond to and provide primary investigation accountability for offences including:
- Suspicious Fire deaths (or injury likely to result in death)
- Bomb/Explosives Devices
- Fatalities involving wildfire/bushfire
Respond to and provide support to police across the state for offences including:
- Fire related death, suicide or life threatening and or siginificant serious injuries
- Politically motivated fires
- Complex suspicious fires
- Intentionally or recklessly causing a bushfire
Arson and Explosives Squad strives to provide a dedicated specialist investigation group to:
- Target organised, serial, or recidivist offenders
- Maintain and develop subject matter consultants in arson and explosives and maintain investigation guidelines.
- This squad works with V.P.F.S.C Fire and Explosion Section and Bomb Response Unit.
Victoria Police Centre 637 Flinders Street Melbourne 3005 | Ph 03 9247 6666 | Fax 03 9247 5727
Copyright © 2005 State of Victoria. All rights reserved.