About Victoria Police
Release date: Thu 17 August 2017
Last updated: Wed 14 February 2018
Victoria Police Procurement
The Victorian Government Purchasing Board's procurement framework is supported by five policies. They are:
- Governance: Governance structure embeds procurement across the organisation and ensures alignment with business planning. It encompasses greater focus on upfront strategic planning and transparency to provide consistency of market approach and better value-for-money procurement decisions.
- Complexity and capability assessment: Procurement decisions based on an assessment of complexity and the capability of Victoria Police to conduct the procurement. Procurement can only proceed when Victoria Police determines it has the necessary capability to meet the complexity of the procurement activity.
- Market analysis and review: Market analysis determines the capacity of the market to supply and the opportunities for market-based solutions. A review of requirements and processes in response to market analysis determines the most appropriate path to market.
- Market approach: Applying a structured, measured approach to informing, evaluating and negotiating with suppliers.
- Contract management and contract disclosure: Contract management is escalated to a high-level consideration early in the planning process to arrive at an integrated end-to-end procurement framework.
Victoria Police will ensure that all procurement activity continues to meet the following directives:
- Value for money: A balanced judgement of a range of financial and non-financial factors, taking into account the mix of quality, cost and resources; fitness for purpose; total cost of ownership; and risk.
- Accountability: The Accountable Officer has the flexibility to conduct procurement activities using appropriate capability to provide value-for-money outcomes.
- Probity: High standards of behaviour and actions in the conduct of procurement processes, including equity, confidentiality, avoiding conflicts of interest, and consumer/supplier confidence in the integrity of government procurement processes.
- Scalability: The relationship between the complexity of a procurement project and the capability of the organisation to conduct it to achieve a good procurement outcome.
Annual Procurement Plan
The Annual Procurement Plan 2017-18 provides suppliers an indication of likely procurements for Victoria Police in this financial year.
For more information about Victoria Government Purchasing Board frameworks, please visit: www.procurement.vic.gov.au
For more information about Victorian Government tenders, please visit www.tenders.vic.gov.au
For more information on Victoria Government procurement and business opportunities please visit: www.business.vic.gov.au
(Opens New Window)
Victoria Police Centre 637 Flinders Street Melbourne 3005 | Ph 03 9247 6666 | Fax 03 9247 5727
Copyright © 2005 State of Victoria. All rights reserved.