Release date: Mon 15 January 2018
Last updated: Mon 15 January 2018
Individuals, organisations and government departments can hold a firearm licence for employment and recreational purposes.
To be eligible for a licence, you must:
- be a resident of Victoria, or, work with firearms in Victoria;
- be 18 years and over for an adult licence, or, between 12 and 18 years for a junior licence;
- be a fit and proper person;
- be a non-prohibited person, or, have been deemed not to be prohibited by a court;
- be able to demonstrate and maintain a genuine reason for needing a firearm licence; and
- have completed the relevant firearm safety course.
Victoria Police Centre 637 Flinders Street Melbourne 3005 | Ph 03 9247 6666 | Fax 03 9247 5727
Copyright © 2005 State of Victoria. All rights reserved.