Release date: Tue 4 July 2006
Last updated: Mon 25 February 2013
Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority (ESTA) - Filming Notification
Filming activities & scenes involving:
- Firearms, Weapons and Special Effects
- Private Traffic Management
- General Filming - Generic Police Scenes & any Scenes Causing Public Concern
Firearms , Weapons and Special Effects
- Filming activities which involve Firearms, Weapons and Special Effects have the potential to create public concern within local communities.
- The nature of these filming activities may cause an unnecessary police emergency response to your filming location. You may be charged a 'call-out' fee in these instances.
- To prevent police responding to these calls, please complete and submit the Victoria Police ESTA Filming Notification Form.
Forms can be obtained by e-mailing the Film & Television Office on email@example.com
Private Traffic Management
To advise Victoria Police of any road closures or traffic disruption, please complete the Victoria Police ESTA Filming Notification Form, and include:
Name and mobile number of private traffic management company.
- Detailed description of traffic management conducted by private traffic controllers
- An accurate diagram (traffic management plan) detailing the location of the proposed contained film site and set up of equipment, indicating position of traffic controllers, safety equipment eg. barricades, witches hats, appropriate warning signage.
During film shoots where a police presence is not required, producers must ensure that, traffic plans and signage erected around the film location, complies with the Worksite Traffic Management Code of Practice which includes the Australian Standards, at all times. Details of Traffic Management Standards can be obtained by contacting the relevant Council or VicRoads - Regional Traffic Engineers.
General Filming - Generic Scenes
- Detailed description of all generic (mock) police related scenes, including police characters and vehicles
- Detailed description of any filming activities which have the potential to cause any public concern
How do I obtain an ESTA Filming Notification Form?
This can be obtained by e-mailing a request to the Film & Television Office for an electronic form at firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Police Centre 637 Flinders Street Melbourne 3005 | Ph 03 9247 6666 | Fax 03 9247 5727
Copyright © 2005 State of Victoria. All rights reserved.