This website is not monitored on a 24/7 basis and you are advised to phone 000 in the case of an emergency.
The submission of this form allows you to address a serious concern about the actions or behaviour of a Victoria Police employee.
You may also complain about a policy, procedure or practice of Victoria Police.
Please provide as much detail as possible.
Police Conduct Unit will assess your correspondence to determine the most appropriate action to be taken. The process applied usually depends on the nature of the allegations and the issues involved and may be resolved or addressed in the following manner :
- explanation of the relevant law, police policy or procedures by the Police Conduct Unit
- our 'Management Resolution' process - complaints of communication and customer service issues
- formal investigation for complaints of a serious nature
- You will be contacted in due course, either by telephone or in writing, to explain the process and actions that will be taken to address your complaint.
If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your complaint please notify the Police Conduct Unit as soon as possible.
* Be aware that making a false complaint or creating a false belief is an offence under the Crimes Act 1958 or the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Act 2011.
The information you provide in this form will enable Police to assess the feedback you have provided and take steps as considered appropriate by Police. Police will not disclose your personal information unless authorised or required by or under law. You have the right to request access to and correction of your information by writing to:
Victoria Police Freedom of Information Unit
Docklands Vic 3008
Telephone: (03) 9247 6801
Reviewed 03 April 2020