VicPol Corporate

Change of address, personal details or circumstances

It is a requirement of your licence or permit that you notify the Licensing and Regulation Division (LRD) in writing within 14 days of any change. Penalties apply for failing to notify LRD.

From 1 October 2019 plastic licences will no longer display the holder’s residential address, this change will apply to all firearm licences and be evident on all new and renewal licences approved from 1 October 2019. This does not impact obligations to inform the LRD of a change of details. Should you wish to have your licence issued without your residential address displayed prior to renewing your licence you will need to complete the duplicate licence application form (below) and pay the applicable fee.

Change of Details

If you are wishing to change any of the following, you will need to complete a Change of Details form:

  • Name
  • Address (residential, business and storage addresses)
  • Employer (private security only)
  • Personal details (date of birth, phone number, email)

You can find the business form here and the individual form here.

Note: if you are requesting to change any of the following, you will need to provide extra information or documentation:

Change of gender/sex

  • A medical report indicating that a course of treatment is being undertaken in preparation for gender re-assignment, or surgical re-assignment has taken place.
  • A certified copy of their ‘Recognised Details Certificate’ or equivalent provided by Births Deaths and Marriages as supplied.
  • Contact the Licensing and Regulation Division to change your gender/sex.

Change of address interstate (firearm licence holders)

  • If you have moved interstate you must submit a change of details form supported by documentation and reasons that demonstrate your need to continue to hold a firearm licence in Victoria.

Change of name

  • A change of name certificate issued by the Victorian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages
  • Your full birth certificate (including the schedule of all names changes)
  • Your marriage certificate

Note: all supporting documentation needs to be sent via post to LRD along with your change of details form.

Change of storage address

  • If you intend to store your firearms at multiple ordinary storage addresses you must attach a separate page to the Change of Details form and provide the details of each firearm (including serial numbers) and allocate an ordinary storage address for each one.
  • You may request a list of your registered firearms to be emailed to you from LRD which you can review and return with your change of details form. Send your request to LRD

How to submit your form:

You will need to send your form to the Licensing and Regulation Division via post or email (as a PDF):

Make sure you take note of what needs to be sent via post and what can be sent via email.

Lost, stolen or damaged licence

If you lose your licence or it is stolen or damaged, you must:

  1. Notify the Licensing and Regulation Division via email as soon as you are aware of your missing licence. Complete the form here for a duplicate licence and send it back via post or email to the Licensing and Regulation Division.
  2. Once your request has been processed, you will receive instructions for making payment and having your photo taken for a new licence card by post.

Contact details

Reviewed 25 November 2019