Port Phillip Crime Investigation Unit detectives have charged two people following an incident in Balaclava yesterday morning.
A 41-year-old Bentleigh man was charged with multiple offences including;
• possess traffickable quantity of firearms
• two counts of prohibited person possess a firearm
• prohibited person possess imitation firearm
• possess ammunition without a licence
• two counts of theft of motor vehicle
• fail to stop on police request
He was remanded to appear before the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on 1 March.
A 21-year-old North Melbourne woman was charged with theft of a motor vehicle and theft of a boat.
She was bailed to appear before the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on 16 May 2023.
The charges follow initial reports of two people attempting to steal a boat in Westbury Close just before 7am on 28 February.
It’s alleged the vehicle towing the boat crashed into numerous vehicles prior to being abandoned in Raven Grove.
The two people were located nearby and arrested by members.
Anyone who witnessed the incidents, with dashcam or with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Reviewed 28 February 2023