VicPol Corporate

Complaint form - test - 220322

Complete an online complaint form to report a complaint, serious concern or feedback about the actions or behaviour of a Victoria Police employee.

This website is not monitored 24 hours a day. In an emergency, or to ask for immediate police attendance, please call Triple Zero (000).

This form allows you to:

  • report a serious concern about the actions or behaviour of a Victoria Police employee
  • complain about a policy, procedure or practice of Victoria Police.

You can also complete this form with help of an advocate or support person. They can also submit it for you. You can remain anonymous if you like.

Before you start this form

Visit our Complaints page to understand:

Make a complaint

Thank you for bringing your concern to us. You can complete this form yourself, or with the help of a support person or advocate. You can choose to remain anonymous if you like.

Contact information

Making an anonymous complaint will prevent us from contacting you to seek further information, advising you of progress or an outcome, or discussing the complaint if you contact us.
Please use the format DD/MM/YYYY:
If different from residential address:
If 'Yes', an Authority to Act consent form (accessible document) must be completed by you and the person affected by the complaint. In this form, you will be asked to include a reference number which you will automatically receive by email upon submission of this online complaint.

Complaint details

Please use the format DD/MM/YYYY. If unknown, please provide approximate date. 
Please provide the time in the following format: HH:MM PM/AM. If unknown, please provide an approximate time.
If you know an address please provide this. Otherwise, the name of a business or a description of a public place is okay (Example: Frank's Milkbar).
Please provide the suburb if known:
If you do not know the names, please provide any other identifying details such as Registered number, Employee number, Rank, Station or Work Unit.
If known, please provide entire or partial vehicle registration number:
Please provide the names and contact details, including telephone number/s, of any witnesses who may be able to help us to resolve your complaint. Character limit is 250.
For example photographs, videos, penalty notices or statements.


By submitting this form, I acknowledge the information I have submitted is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that making a false report and/or providing false or misleading information during an investigation is an offence.

Collection notice

Victoria Police collects the information that you provide with this form. The information that you provide is used to respond to your enquiry. You can request access to, and corrections of, any personal information provided in this form. Requests for access or correction should be sent to the Police Conduct Unit.

Victoria Police is using the services of Drupal 9 to administer this form. The information that you provide is stored on the Microsoft Azure infrastructure in Sydney, Australia.

For more information on our handling of any personal information, please refer to our privacy statementExternal Link .

Process and privacy

  • You complaint will be assessed by the Police Conduct Unit (PCU). The most appropriate action will be worked out and then taken.

    Their approach depends on the nature of the report. Allegations and issues may be resolved by:

    • an explanation of the relevant law, policy or procedure by the Police Conduct Unit
    • our 'Management Resolution' process for complaints of communication and customer service issues
    • a formal investigation for complaints of a serious nature.

    We will then contact you to explain the process and actions that will be taken to address your complaint.

    If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your complaint, notify the Police Conduct Unit as soon as possible.

  • Any information you provide allow us to assess the situation and take appropriate steps.

    Victoria Police will not share your personal information (unless authorised or required by or under law).

    You have the right to request access to and correction of your information by writing to:

    Victoria Police Freedom of Information Unit

    Box 913 Docklands, Vic 3008

    Phone: (03) 9247 6801


    Visit our Privacy page for information about:

    • our Privacy Statements,
    • the Victoria Police Privacy Policy,
    • contacting the Victoria Police Privacy about a privacy complaint.

Reviewed 20 February 2023

Was this page helpful?