On this page:
This website is not monitored 24 hours a day. In an emergency, or to ask for immediate police attendance, please call Triple Zero (000).
This form allows you to:
- report a serious concern about the actions or behaviour of a Victoria Police employee
- complain about a policy, procedure or practice of Victoria Police.
You can also complete this form with help of an advocate or support person. They can also submit it for you. You can remain anonymous if you like.
Before you start this form
Visit our Complaints page to understand:
- the types of we investigate
- what information to have
- other ways to make a
Make a complaint
Process and privacy
You complaint will be assessed by the Police Conduct Unit (PCU). The most appropriate action will be worked out and then taken.
Their approach depends on the nature of the report. Allegations and issues may be resolved by:
- an explanation of the relevant law, policy or procedure by the Police Conduct Unit
- our 'Management Resolution' process for complaints of communication and customer service issues
- a formal investigation for complaints of a serious nature.
We will then contact you to explain the process and actions that will be taken to address your complaint.
If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your complaint, notify the Police Conduct Unit as soon as possible.
Any information you provide allow us to assess the situation and take appropriate steps.
Victoria Police will not share your personal information (unless authorised or required by or under law).
You have the right to request access to and correction of your information by writing to:
Victoria Police Freedom of Information Unit
Box 913 Docklands, Vic 3008
Phone: (03) 9247 6801
Visit our Privacy page for information about:
- our Privacy Statements,
- contacting the Victoria Police Privacy about a privacy complaint.
Explore other incident and crime reporting options
To report an incident or crime that does not involve a Victoria Police employee, visit our Report page.
Reviewed 20 February 2023