Message from the Chief Commissioner

Our Services


Release date: Wed 24 October 2012

Last updated: Thu 6 July 2017

In this section you will find information relating to Bodyguards.

What is a Bodyguard?

A person who is employed or retained to provide a close personal protection service.

Applications for new licences must be made via the eServices Portal. Applications to vary an existing licence must be made using the Application to Vary a Licence/Registration to include additional security activities form.

Temporary Overseas Bodyguard permits can be obtained by the submission a Temporary Overseas Bodyguard Visitor Permit.

Training Requirements

Please click here for Training Requirements

Registered Training Organisations

Please click here for Registered Training Organisations

Additional Information

  • All Licence and Registration categories in the Private Security Industry must meet probity requirements.
  • All prospective Private Security Licence Holders may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). It is encouraged to contact a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to see about the availability or RPL.
  • Any person that ordinarily resides overseas and will be acting as a bodyguard at a special event in Victoria, Australia should complete the Temporary Overseas Bodyguard Visitors Permit Application.


Top of Page
Victoria Police Centre 637 Flinders Street Melbourne 3005 | Ph 03 9247 6666 | Fax 03 9247 5727
Copyright © 2005 State of Victoria. All rights reserved.