Message from the Chief Commissioner

Our Partners

Where Should You Report To?

Release date: Tue 22 August 2017

Last updated: Tue 22 August 2017

Sometimes Crime Stoppers is not the best place to report matters.

Please check the links out below to see if you matter is best lodged elsewhere other than Crime Stoppers.

Complaints about an Australian government department or agency, including Courts and Magistrates Report it to that department or agency first. If you are dissatisfied with the response you receive from the involved agency you can then raise your concerns with the Commonwealth Ombudsman.
Compliments and Complaints about Victoria Police members Victoria Police's information page explains the process.
Centrelink or Medicare fraud (Does not include scams) Call the Australian Government Services Fraud Tip-off line 131 524 or report it to Centrelink or Medicare via the Human Services website.
Cybercrime (including online fraud, such as eBay, and internet scams) Report it to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN)
Family Court matters Contact the Family Court via their website or phone 1300 352 000
Film piracy, including DVDs                                                                                                             Report it to the Australian Screen Association
Immigration, citizenship and customs offences Report it to Australian Border Force
Intellectual Property Refer to IP Australia for advice.                                                                                                                                                      
International child abduction Contact the Attorney-General's Department on 1800 100 480 or by email at
Offensive content on the internet Report it to the Australian Communication and Media Authority
Scams Report it to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission via the SCAMwatch website
NOTE: Internet scams should be reported to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN)
Spam email Report it to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN)
Taxation offences Report it to the Australian Taxation  Office                                                                                                                                                                                        
Theft of mail before it is delivered Report it to Australia Post


Top of Page
Victoria Police Centre 637 Flinders Street Melbourne 3005 | Ph 03 9247 6666 | Fax 03 9247 5727
Copyright © 2005 State of Victoria. All rights reserved.