Initiatives and Programs
Victoria Police Partysafe Program
Release date: Thu 29 March 2007
Last updated: Wed 15 April 2015
What is the Victoria Police Partysafe Program?
The Victoria Police Partysafe Program is about minimising the risks to safety at parties such as violence, intoxicated guests, or gatecrashers so that hosts and their guests can stay safe and have fun.
The program allows you to register your party with the police online or at your local police station.
The registration form is important to ensure police are aware of the event and can provide timely assistance if things start to get out of hand.
How to register your party
- Read the Victoria Police Partysafe Program booklet and brochure.
- Complete the Victoria Police Partysafe Program registration form. This can be completed online, or you can download a copy of the registration form and submit to your local police station. Alternatively you can attend your local police station to register.
- Make sure you enter all the details correctly before submitting your form either online or at your local police station nearest the party.
- After you register, ensure that you download or collect a poster from your local police station to place at the front door showing guests the party has been registered with Victoria Police.
- Please be mindful that late party registrations may impact on Victoria Police's ability to manage your party information. It it advised that you register at least two days prior to the party.
- Please note that, due to the dynamic nature of calls for police service, registering your party with Victoria Police cannot guarantee that police will check on the progress of your party as a matter of course.
When you register, consider the following.
- The number of people likely to attend your party.
- If there will be alcohol
- Informing your neighbours
- Obtaining consent from the parents or guardians of underage drinkers
- Responsible serving and provision of alcohol
- Adult supervision or appropriate security
- A medical emergency plan
- Please try to register your party at least one week before it is being held
Always remember, if you are unable to handle the situation, call police on Triple Zero (000).
The Victoria Police Partysafe Program is an initiative by:
Safer Communities Unit
Victoria Police Centre
Level 5, Tower 1
637 Flinders Street
DOCKLANDS VIC 3008
Tel: 9247 5311
Fax: 9247 5313
(Opens New Window)
Victoria Police Centre 637 Flinders Street Melbourne 3005 | Ph 03 9247 6666 | Fax 03 9247 5727
Copyright © 2005 State of Victoria. All rights reserved.