Corio Police Officers have charged a man after an extended follow from Bell Park in an allegedly stolen vehicle yesterday.
Police attempted to intercept a white Audi SUV on Braun Avenue about 2.30pm.
The vehicle, which had false plates, allegedly sped off and was located with assistance from the Air Wing.
The car was observed driving to an address in Plume Street in Norlane, where a man got out of the car and entered a house.
Police surrounded the property and arrested the man at the scene.
The 33-year-old Bell Park man has been charged with:
• Theft of motor vehicle
• Negligently deal proceeds of crime
• Handle stolen goods
• Driver whilst disqualified
• Fail to stop vehicle on Police direction
• Drive in a manner dangerous
• Drive in a manner speed dangerous
• Reckless conduct endangering of serious injury
• Commit and indictable offence whilst on bail
• Contravene bail condition
• Fraudulently use registration label
• Disobey red traffic light
He will appear at Geelong Magistrates’ Court later today.
Reviewed 16 March 2023