Armed Crime Squad detectives have charged a man and seized guns, weapons and drugs following a series of warrants across Melbourne today.
A 30-year-old Seabrook man was arrested in Windsor earlier today with the assistance of the Special Operations Group.
He has been charged with a range of offences, including the following:
• Possess Firearm – Contravene Firearm Prohibition Order
• Possess Firearm Related Item – Contravene Firearm Prohibition Order
• Possession of a traffickable quantity of unregistered firearms
• Traffick GHB
• Traffick Commercial Quantity – Methylamphetamine
• Traffick Cocaine
• Traffick Cannabis
• Possess Methylamphetamine
• Possess a Prescribed Precursor Chemical
• Possess Drug of Dependence – Prescription Drug
• Deal property suspected proceeds of crime
The man will appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court shortly.
Warrants were executed at a residential address in Windsor and a storage facility in Brooklyn this morning.
A number of items including a loaded handgun, cash and drugs including methylamphetamine, cocaine and 1,4-butanediol were also seized from the Windsor address.
With the assistance of Clandestine Laboratory Squad, two warrants were previously executed at a residential address in Seabrook and a storage facility in Brooklyn on Thursday, 2 March.
Police subsequently seized two sawn off rifles, cartridge ammunition and a firearm magazine, small quantities of steroids and methylamphetamine, cannabis, a significant quantity of cash, a prohibited weapon and a large number of fraudulent drivers’ licences and credit cards from the Seabrook address.
A commercial quantity of 1,4-Butanediol, vials of testosterone, various types of ammunition and a firearm magazine and a small quantity of what appears to be methylamphetamine were seized from the Brooklyn address.
The investigation remains ongoing.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or file a confidential report online at
Reviewed 09 March 2023