The minimum face-to face training hours for licensing courses are as follows:
- Unarmed Guard 80 hours
- Crowd Control 104 hours
- Combined Crowd Control and Unarmed Guard 128 hours
- Control Room Operator 100 hours
- Monitoring Centre Operator 72 hours
- *Armed Guard 104 hours
- *Cash in Transit 88 hours
- *Combined Armed Guard and Cash in Transit 128 hours
- Guarding with a Dog 104 hours
- Investigator 160 hours
- Bodyguard 140 hours
- Batons and Handcuffs 24 hours
- First Aid 16 hours
* Unit CPPSEC3008A should not be delivered in a time frame less than 16 hours face to face.
The above face-to-face hours are recommended as a minimum number and RTOs are requested when structuring training plans to consider how these hours will be evidenced in their training plans for LRD to check for compliance.
LRD does not impose minimum face-to-face hours for the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification required for an individual trainer licence.
Reviewed 23 January 2019