So, you think the Comancheros are harmless?
Police have charged a number of people after executing warrants at 44 properties across Melbourne today as part of a day of action against the Comanchero Outlaw Motor Cycle Gang (OMCG).
The warrants were executed from 9am this morning by police from Taskforce Echo and Crime Command, along with local detectives.
Members of the National Anti-Gangs Squad and Australian Federal Police were also involved in the warrants.
The properties targeted during the warrants included residential, office, business and factory addresses.
The residential properties included:
• Harnett Street, Boronia
• Macquarie Place, Boronia
• Panorama Court, Lysterfield
• Kanooka Road, Boronia
• Woodmason Street, Boronia
• Terry Street, Balwyn
• Mortimore Street, Bentleigh
• Warleigh Grove, Brighton
• Tulip Street, Cheltenham
• Blue Ridge Drive, Mooroolbark
• Forster Street, Heidelberg Heights
• Curry Road, Kilmore
• Shearwater Crescent, Maribyrnong
• Palmerston Crescent, South Melbourne
• Riverside Quay, Southbank
• Lady Nelson Way, Taylors Lakes
• Henderson Road, Keysborough
• Dore Road, Pakenham
• Raymond Street, Somerville
• Fuji Crescent, Mornington
• Henrietta Place, Mount Martha
• Winchcombe Way, Cranbourne North
• Cassowarry Way, Pakenham
• Vivien Street, Dandenong
• Minett Court, Narre Warren
• Niblic Circuit, Sandhurst
• Mount Martha Road, Mount Martha
• Mount Alexander Road, Moonee Ponds
The commercial properties included:
• Mountain Highway, Bayswater
• Pilgrim Court, Ringwood
• Boundary Road, Mordialloc
• Sheehan Road, Heidelberg West
• Pryor Street, Eltham
• Proximity Drive, Sunshine West
• Albert Road, South Melbourne
• Kipling Mews, Cremorne
• Darbyshire Road, Williamstown
• Fulham Road, Alphington
• Popes Road, Keysborough
• Princes Highway, Hallam
• Frankston-Dandenong Road, Carrum Downs
• Langhorne Street, Dandenong
• Codrington Street, Cranbourne
• Jarrah Court, Braeside
• Rays Way, Pakenham
Nine people have been arrested by police as follows:
• A 76-year-old Mt Martha woman
• A 22-year-old Officer woman
• A 31-year-old Dandenong man
• A 60-year-old Balwyn man
• A 30-year-old Maribyrnong man
• A 41-year-old Heidelberg Heights man
• A 60-year-old Bentleigh man
• A 51-year-old Kilmore man
• A 29-year-old Boronia man
A 22-year-old Officer woman has been charged with possess prescription drugs and cocaine. She has been bailed to appear at court at a later date.
A 76-year-old Mount Martha woman has been charged with false accounting and has been bailed to appear at court at a later date.
A 31-year-old Dandenong man has been charged with recklessly deal with proceeds of crime and has been bailed to appear at court at a later date.
A 60-year-old Balwyn man has been charged with one count of false accounting and has been bailed to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court at a later date.
A 41-year-old Heidelberg Heights man has been interviewed for possess drug of dependence and possess a controlled weapon. He has been released pending further enquiries.
A 30-year-old Maribyrnong man has been charged with recklessly deal with proceeds of crime. He will face court at a later date.
A 60-year-old Bentleigh man has been charged with possess an unregistered firearm and possess ammunition. He has been bailed to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court at a later date.
A 41-year-old Kilmore man has been interviewed for possess proceeds of crime and released pending further enquiries.
A 29-year-old Boronia man has been charged with two counts of recklessly deal proceeds of crime, three counts of false accounting and four counts of possess proceeds of crime. He will face court at a later date.
A number of items were seized from the properties including motorcycles, drugs, large quantities of cash and computers.
Pallets of alcohol were also seized with an estimated value in excess of one million dollars.
Natalie Webster and Kelly Grindley
Reviewed 13 February 2019