Congratulations to the 2019 Colouring Competition winners
A big thank you to all the children who entered the Chief Commissioner's Colouring Competition this year.
The Chief Commissioner is extremely impressed with the entries he has received, and had a hard job choosing the winners from over 1200 entries. He received entries from across Victoria, from interstate and Victorian schools who encouraged their students to participate. The Chief Commissioner is happy to announce the winners from each age category.Congratulations to all winners, and we look forward to seeing you at the Mounted Branch!
To watch the Chief Commissioner's video announcement visit the Victoria Police Facebook page.
It's time for creative kids to get colouring!
It's that time of the year again when Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton invites children to enter his colouring competition.
CCP Ashton said he was extremely impressed with the entries he received last year, with more than 550 children putting forward their best work.
He received entries from across Victoria, from interstate and many entries from Victorian schools and childcare centres that took the time and effort to encourage their students to participate.
So kids, choose your favourite picture from the three choices below and get busy colouring with your crayons, pencils or paintbrush!
You can add decorations to your picture too! Don't forget to tell us your safety message.
Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton will tour the Mounted Branch with winners and their families, and kids will get to meet members of the Dog Squad and their police dog. You may even get to pat it!
The winners of the prize will need to be available in May 2019* to visit the Mounted Branch complex in Attwood.
*Date subject to change
How to enter
Colour in and decorate your picture with as much colour and creativity as you like and include your safety message
Fill out all your entry details. Entries close on Friday, 26 April 2019.
Post to: Chief's Colour In Competition, PO Box 913 Melbourne, VIC, 3001
Scan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How winning works
The entries will be judged by three age categories: 2 to 4 years, 5 to 7 years and 8 to 12 years.
There will be at least one (1) winner selected per age category.
The Chief Commissioner or appointed nominee will pick the winners out of all the wonderful entries.
We will contact the winners and the winning entries will be posted to our Facebook page
Terms and conditions of entry
Information on how to enter this competition forms part of the terms and conditions of entry.
- Entry to this competition (game of skill) is free.
- Entry is open to all residents of Victoria aged between two to 12 years.
- Employees of Victoria Police and their immediate families are eligible to enter.
- Entries will be judged by three age categories which are 2-4 years, 5-7 years and 8-12 years respectively.
- The competition commences on Monday, 4 March 2019. Entries close at midnight on Friday, 26 April 2019.
- To enter the competition, colour in the picture and provide your safety message. Fill in your first name and age, and your parent or legal guardian must complete their contact details. If entering as part of a school class, provide the name of your school. Include your postal address (or school address if relevant), email address and phone number, should we need to contact you. Post or email in the completed entry to Victoria Police using the details given above. Entries must be received by midnight Friday, 26 April 2019.
- There is at least one (1) prize to be won in each age group category. If your entry is judged to be a winning entry (the best) in your age group you will win the following prize: Visit to the Victoria Police Mounted Branch with the Chief Commissioner of Police in May 2019* at Attwood. You must be available to claim the prize.
- Judging for the winners will take place at the Victoria Police Centre (637 Flinders Street, Docklands, Vic 3008) by the Chief Commissioner of Police and representatives of Victoria Police.
- A parent or guardian must accompany each winner to collect the prize.
- The prize cannot be transferred.
- Winners will be notified in April 2019 after the closing date.
- All entries become the property of Victoria Police and entries will not be returned. Entrants agree that Victoria Police may use their names and entries for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media without any fee being paid to the winner.
- Victoria Police will collect personal information about you so that you can participate and so Victoria Police can administer the competition. Victoria Police may use any personal information that an entrant has provided for the purpose of running the Competition and also in advertisements, publications, media statements and other promotional material associated with the Competition. For purposes of public statements and advertisements Victoria Police will only publish the winner's name, suburb and age. Victoria Police is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
*Date subject to change
Reviewed 01 May 2019