Thank you for your interest in assisting Victoria Police in improving the safety of our public transport system!
The intention of the PTSAFE service is to provide a text-based platform that will allow commuters to notify police of non-emergency unwanted and anti-social behaviours that they have experienced and/or witnessed while travelling on public transport.
The service design is based on the principles of being easy to use and discreet in manner, so as to not draw the attention of the offender when notifying of an incident.
The intention of this pilot is to test the PTSAFE service being developed and set internal benchmarks based on its use by the pilot group.
As a participant of the pilot group you need to be aware of the following information:
- You understand that this service is not monitored live and will not generate a police response. Always call '000' if you need to report an issue or for Police/PSOs to attend.
- The PTSAFE service is currently only set up to capture information relating to non-emergency unwanted and anti-social behaviours that you have experienced and/or witnessed while travelling on Metro and V/Line trains.
- All notifications submitted using the PTSAFE service are to be genuine incidents only, We encourage making yourself comfortable with the service, however, please avoid making submissions while testing.
- All incidents submitted will be forwarded to the Transit Safety Divisional Intelligence Unit to review and depending on the nature of the information provided you may be contacted for policing purposes by an investigator at a later date.
- All information captured will be used in conjunction with other data sources to identify hotspots, new and repeat offenders.
Once the pilot is completed, the service will be switched off while we evaluate all the feedback received and implement the final design elements. With the evaluation completed our plan is to go to a phased launch and make the PTSAFE service available to all public transport users on Metro and V/Line trains at the end of March 2021.
As a pilot participant, you will be notified of all the details relating to this launch.
Reviewed 03 February 2021