Brimbank Crime Investigation Unit detectives have charged two men following an alleged ramming in Deer Park this morning.
Officers responded to a welfare check on two men seemingly unresponsive in a vehicle on Station Road about 7.45am.
Police attempted to speak with the pair, who allegedly attempted to drive off before ramming two police vehicles.
The two men were arrested nearby and the vehicle was located in Irvine Street.
A 40-year-old Burwood man was charged with multiple offences including;
• Damage to emergency service vehicle by reckless driving
• Drive in a manner dangerous
• Reckless conduct endangering serious injury
• Theft of a motor vehicle
• Fail to stop vehicle on police request
• Handle stolen goods
• Possess controlled weapon
• Drive whilst disqualified
A 45-year-old Taylors Lakes man was charged with handle stolen good and possess cannabis.
Both have been remanded to appear before the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on later this evening.
Senior Constable Natasha Leigh
Reviewed 06 March 2023