Control of Weapons Act 1990
DECLARATION OF DESIGNATED AREA UNDER SECTION 10D(1)
Victoria Police Planned Operation in Footscray
The Assistant Commissioner, Transit and Public Safety Command, acting as a delegate of the Chief Commissioner of Police, under section 10D(1) of the Control of Weapons Act 1990, declares Footscray as a designated area, within the boundaries of Cowper Street, Bunbury Street and Hyde Street (North), Hopkins Street (West), Irving Street, Trungo Lane and Paisley Street (South), Napier Street (East) including all roadways and footpaths associated with the stated road and road related areas, as shown on the map below.
This declaration will operate on Wednesday the 30th of June 2021, between 1400hrs and 2200hrs, during which time members of the police force are authorised to exercise the following powers:
- in a public place in the designated area, without warrant, stop and search for weapons:
- any person;
- any thing in the possession or control of the person;
- any vehicle with a person in or on the vehicle; and
- any thing in or on such vehicle
- detain a person or vehicle for so long as is reasonably necessary to conduct a search;
- seize and detain any item the member reasonably suspects is a weapon; and
- request a person who is the subject of a full search to disclose his or her identity.
Reviewed 03 August 2021