Police Life is Victoria Police's official magazine. In each edition you will find articles about police across the state, true crime stories, tales of good arrests as well as police station profiles and the latest policing initiatives.
This edition of Police Life introduces the 23rd Chief Commissioner of Victoria Police, Shane Patton.
With a 42-year career as a police officer behind him, CCP Patton intends to lead Victoria Police into the future with a back-to-basics
approach. Also covered in this edition is the police response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, which has gone to new levels
since a second wave of infections hit the state.
Other stories include:
- Tributes to four Victoria Police officers killed in April lead National Police Remembrance Day.
- Drivers in regional areas have been put on notice, with drug testing to become a more common sight in the state’s west after
- an expansion trial.
- How the work of the Caufield Divisional Response Unit is helping Victoria Police dismantle and disrupt drug trafficking and
- organised crime networks.
- The expansion of a team dedicated to identifying the child victims of unspeakable crimes has given the Joint Anti Child
- Exploitation Team a new perspective.
- A True Crime feature on how Victoria Police helped the ‘spraycation’ of a prolific graffiti vandal come to an end in a Californian prison.
- An inside look of the new aeroplane and helicopters that have elevated the Victoria Police Air Wing to among the world’s best.
Reviewed 04 February 2021