An engrained culture and systemic bias has amplified inequality and impeded diversity.
A diverse workplace and inclusive organisation.
- Engaging hearts and minds
- Equitable outcomes
- Employee co-design
- Licence to challenge
- Evidence based.
- That diversity and inclusion will be a priority for the organisation
- That diversity and inclusion is also a priority for lead command and departments
- That the goal of inclusion continues to be adequately resourced
- That the community values a police force that is reflective of the people it serves.
- Current policies, processes and training perpetuates systemic inequality
- Inherent requirements of policing are poorly defined
- Some key data measures and systems are not fit-for-purpose
- Lack of clarity and accountability for managers in their response to discriminatory workplace harm
- Lack of knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Reviewed 30 May 2023