Strict adherence to gender stereotypes has negatively impacted police culture, amplifying inequality.
Sustainable gender equality by 2030.
- Engaging hearts and minds
- Equitable outcomes
- Working in partnership
- Licence to challenge
- Evidence based.
- That gender equality will continue to be a priority for the organisation
- That gender equality is also a priority for our key partners
- That the goal of gender equality continues to be adequately resourced
- That the community continue to value a police force that is progressing gender equality
- That sustainable gender equality can be achieved in 10 years.
- Current policies, processes and training perpetuates systemic inequality
- Resistance and/or disconnection to gender equality messaging
- Lack of clarity and accountability of managers in response to gendered workplace harm
- Authorising environment not established with key partners
- Misconceptions of the attributes required for policing
- Some key data measures and systems are not fit-for-purpose.
Reviewed 05 September 2022