Message from the Chief Commissioner

Our Services

Tolling Infringements

Release date: Wed 16 October 2013

Last updated: Thu 26 July 2018

Under the Melbourne CityLink Act 1995 and EastLink Project Act 2004 it is an offence to drive unregistered in a toll zone.

For further information regarding travel on CityLink and EastLink toll roads, please refer to the CityLink or EastLink websites.

If you have received an infringement notice you have a number of options to consider. These options are outlined at the My Options page.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

I have received an infringement despite having purchased a pass, or operating an account, that registers my vehicle to travel on the toll roads.

For all commercial disputes relating to the status of your pass or account, please contact the relevant toll company to discuss.

If you wish to have the infringement reviewed by the Traffic Camera Office:

Click here for further details on internal reviews of infringements.
Click here for further details on the official warning criteria.
Click here for FAQs about applications for internal review.

I did not receive a late toll invoice from the tolling company.

It is not recommended to rely on the issue of late toll invoices - this is a courtesy only and provides a final opportunity for payment before the invoice advances to infringement stage.

Late toll invoices are mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle. If the late toll invoice is not received it may be due to outdated or incorrect details on recorded in relation to the vehicle.

To confirm current registration and address details contact VicRoads directly.

Can I receive payment assistance for the Infringement Notice

Details of how to pay can be found on your infringement notice.

You can also use the Fines Victoria website for further information about payment methods, payment plans and options.

I was not driving at the time of the offence. How do I nominate another driver?

If you have been sent an infringement notice, or other notice, but you were not the driver, or person in possession or control of the vehicle, you may nominate the responsible person.

To nominate that person, complete the Nomination Statement Part B, Statement 1 on the back of the infringement notice or download and complete the Nomination Statement from the right side of this page, and return it to Fines Victoria.

All information must be provided on the form or it will not be accepted.

Do not pay the penalty. A new infringement notice will be issued to the person you have nominated, and the infringement notice sent to you will be cancelled.

Note: It is an offence under the Road Safety Act 1986 to knowingly provide false or misleading information on a Nomination Statement. The offence carries a $8856.60 fine (60 Penalty units).

Click here for access to a nomination statement in the downloads section.

For further information regarding nominations or questions about nominations please see the Fines Online website provided below.

Top of Page
Victoria Police Centre 637 Flinders Street Melbourne 3005 | Ph 03 9247 6666 | Fax 03 9247 5727
Copyright © 2005 State of Victoria. All rights reserved.