Examples of non-urgent crimes and events include:
- burglary including at a commercial property or a home with no occupant present
- theft (including theft of a motor vehicle)
- property damage
- lost property
- COVID-19 breaches that are happening now.
The Police Assistance Line cannot assist with urgent matters, including family violence, assaults or a crime that is happening at the time of reporting.
All calls to the Police Assistance Line are recorded and retained by Victoria Police. This is both for training and, if required, for policing purposes.
You can report online to:
You will receive an acknowledgement which will include support information and a police reference number, either by post or by email, once we have processed your telephone report.
The online reporting website is built using responsive web design, which means it is accessible on any internet-enabled device, including mobile phones and tablets.
Local police station enquiries
- talk to a particular member at the station
- family violence-related enquiries
- fraud-related offences including cybercrime, bank fraud and scams
- traffic-related matters including collisions, animals on highways, blocked driveways.
Reviewed 03 February 2021