Melbourne Precinct Policing - Local Policing for Local People
What's it about?
Melbourne Precinct Policing is about police working closely with the community to create a safer city.
The Melbourne municipality has been divided into 38 areas that will be known as Police Precincts. This initiative will:
- encourage stronger connections between community members, police, traders, licensees, residents within the 38 precincts.
- identify concerns that require Police coordination of resources to implement solutions.
- create community neighbourhood responses to community safety and security concerns.
Features of Melbourne Precinct Policing
- City of Melbourne residents, traders, licensees or other community groups can report concerns to Victoria Police for follow up.
- Each precinct has a dedicated team of police members who are responsible for liaising with community groups in the precinct about police and community safety concerns.
See Something, Say Something
Residents and business owners can call their local police team about crime, safety and security issues they are concerned with. This may include:
- property damage
- anti-social behaviour
- drug activity
- any other community safety issue
How do I make a report?
To notify your local police call or email your local police station:
People requiring urgent police attendance should call Triple Zero '000'.
Which precinct are you in?
To find out which police precinct you reside in or business belongs click on the map below to see description of the boundaries covered within each area of the City of Melbourne Precinct Policing.
Melbourne East | Melbourne West | Melbourne North | Southbank