VicPol Corporate

Victoria Police has dedicated Farm Crime Liaison Officers (FCLO) which is a collection of more than 60 members across the state who have expert skills in investigating livestock theft and farm related crime.

The role of the FCLO is to:

  • oversee farm crime and livestock theft investigations where required
  • provide advice guidance and assistance to police officers
  • establish and maintain relationships with farming partners
  • liaise with the farming community
  • encourage reporting of livestock theft and rural crime
  • maintain a contemporary knowledge of local trends and issues and engage with partners to identify and mitigate risks in farming practice

To get in contact with an FCLO speak to a police officer at your local police station.

Reporting crime

Police need your help to identify offenders.  If we don’t know about it we can’t act.

  • Dial 000 in an emergency.
  • Dial 1800 333 000 to report any crime activity or information anonymously.

Our Police Assistance Line and online reporting service provides you with the ability to report some non-urgent crime and events anytime, anywhere by calling our Police Assistance Line on 131 444 or submitting an online report at You should still call Triple Zero (000) immediately if the incident is life-threatening, needs immediate police attendance, a crime is happening now, or an offender is (or may be) still in the area.

Divisional Firearms Officers

Divisional Firearms Officers (DFOs) work out in the Victoria Police regions to support the firearms community and ensure safe storage and use of firearms. They conduct inspections of firearm storage in the regions, facilitate firearm safety courses and provide advice regarding firearm disposal and recovery. If you wish to get in contact with your local DFO, you can find further contact details and information on the DFOs page.

Reviewed 10 December 2019

Was this page helpful?