Victoria Police has over 450 LGBTIQA+ liaison officers (LLOs), serving as contact points for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer community.
LLO roles and responsibilities
LLOs work to create mutual trust between police and the LGBTIQA+ community, ensuring we maintain a fair and equal policing service.
- discrete, non-judgemental expert advice and help when reporting a crime as well as information about support services
- recommendations to our organisation on the policing needs of LGBTIQA+ people.
Our LLO’s commitment to building relationships and supporting the LGBTIQA+ community includes:
- regular training and communication about current and emerging issues
- considering LGBTIQA+ community perspectives in the review and development of Victoria Police policies, processes, and initiatives
- improving how we respond to incidents such as
- a regular , showcasing first-hand organisational experiences of LGBTIQA+ police officers
- presentations to social and support groups on the role of LLOs, and how police and the LGBTIQA+ community can work together.
Reporting a crime
Contact an LLO
Reviewed 10 November 2023