Police officers perform an important role as the front line of Victoria Police.
As a police officer you will make a difference to the Victorian community every day you work.
How to apply
Follow the below steps to improve your chances for a successful application.
Step 1: Check your eligibility and suitability
Step 2: Get prepared
You will be required to submit an online application form consisting of extended written responses, including:
- personal details
- employment history
- education history
- history of prior any offences, traffic-related matters and/or police dealings.
We encourage you to:
- use a desktop or laptop in a quiet space to apply
- allow at least 45 mins to complete your online application
- take your time to complete as the content, grammar and spelling in your extended written responses will all be assessed
- be truthful about any prior offences.
What a day in the life can look like for a police officer with Victoria Police.
Victoria Police Real Stories: Assistant Commissioner Lauren Callaway
Victoria Police Real Stories: Acting Senior Sergeant Julian Tang
Victoria Police. Made for more.
Reviewed 15 November 2023