As a Protective Services Officer, your roles and duties will include:
- monitoring and patrolling peak hour train services
- building trust in the safety of the station and public transport system through rapport with commuters and the surrounding community
- working at major events and their surrounds
As a member of Victoria Police, Protective Services Officers employment begins with receiving 12 weeks comprehensive paid training at the Victoria Police Academy to ensure you are equipped to keep the community safe. Protective Services Officers are located at all 212 metropolitan train stations in Melbourne and four regional train stations across Victoria (Bendigo, Traralgon, Ballarat and Geelong).
Upon graduation from the Victoria Police Academy, you will be stationed at the Victoria Police Centre in Docklands, Melbourne. From this point, you will join the Transit Safety division, completing a 3-month mentoring program before being deployed to a suburban train station.
How to apply
Step 1 - Read and confirm
- I meet Victoria Police
- I have no criminal, traffic or medical history that will impact my application
- I understand the and the available to help me
Step 2 - Application preparation
You will be required to submit an online application form consisting of:
- personal details
- employment history
- education history
- history of prior offences, traffic-related matters and police dealings
We encourage you to:
- allow at least 45 mins to complete online
- disclose any prior offences truthfully
- use a desktop or laptop in a quiet space to complete extended written responses for which your content, grammar and spelling will all be assessed.
Spotlight on Protective Services Officers
Reviewed 26 August 2021