Police officers perform an important role as the front line of Victoria Police.
As a police officer you will make a difference to the Victorian community every day you work.
How to apply
Follow the below steps to improve your chances for a successful application.
Step 1: Check your eligibility and suitability
Step 2: Get prepared
You will be required to submit an online application form consisting of extended written responses, including:
- personal details
- employment history
- education history
- history of prior any offences, traffic-related matters and/or police dealings.
We encourage you to:
- use a desktop or laptop in a quiet space to apply
- allow at least 45 mins to complete your online application
- take your time to complete as the content, grammar and spelling in your extended written responses will all be assessed
- be truthful about any prior offences.
More about police officer careers
Prepare for your police officer application and exam, learn about police training, and find out about benefits and your future career options.
Reviewed 04 December 2023