The Human Resource Department (HRD) supports operational policing by selecting employees with the right skills, developing and ensuring their health, safety and wellbeing. It pays more than 17,000 employees a fortnight and negotiates and manages their working conditions. HRD works in partnership with other departments, regions and commands on its programs and service provision.
Purpose and priorities
- Enabling a safe, healthy and resilient workforce.
- Enhancing organisational equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Maintaining strong ethics and integrity for good governance and organisational performance.
- Optimising capacity, capability and culture for high-performance.
- Delivering quality and efficient HR services.
2019 Projects and Initiatives
- Commander, Police and Victorian Public Service Enterprise Agreements
- Streamline and modernise merit-based selection and promotion
- Staff Allocation Model (including Minimum Service Levels Phase Four)
- New Performance Development and Assessment Framework and System
- Community Safety Statement commitments
- VEOHRC commitments
- Diversity and Inclusion Framework commitments
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy and Action Plan
- Health and Safety Strategy and Action Plan
- HR Business Partner Model
- Respectful Workplace Behaviour (Anti-Bullying Framework)
- Streamlined, automated and standardised processes
- People Matter Survey
- Provisional Payments Pilot
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Injury Management and WorkCover
- Occupational Health and Safety Consultants
- Wellbeing Services (Welfare)
- Internal Witness Support
- Peer Support and Chaplaincy
- Mental Health Program Office
- Strategy and Audit Systems
- Safe-T-Net support system.
Recruitment and Deployment Division
- Recruiting and Promotion Services
- Workforce Planning
- Medical Advisory Unit.
HR Programs Division
- HR Systems Management
- Payroll Services
- Workforce Reporting and Analytics.
Workplace Relations Division
Provides client focussed team-based advisory service to designated portfolios regarding employment conditions and entitlements, ensuring compliance with industrial agreements and related organisational policies, including VPS Misconduct.
Performance and Development Division
- HR Business Partners
- Performance Development and Assessment
- Workforce Diversity and Inclusion
- Honours and Awards.
Reviewed 11 November 2019