LocalCFA with Victoria Police

Emergency response

National security and terrorism

The National Security Hotline is the single point of contact for the public to report possible signs of terrorism. It also provides information to callers on a wide range of national security matters.

Visit Australian National Security or contact the hotline on 1800 123 400.

Emergency assistance

For emergencies where immediate police, fire or ambulance assistance is required, call Triple Zero (000)

Non-emergency crime

Contact your local police station by phone or in person to report non-emergency crime incidents.

If you have any information regarding a crime or criminal activity, you can confidentially report what you know by calling Crime Stoppers(opens in a new window) on 1800 333 000.

Emergency services



VicEmergency is Victoria's primary website for incident information and warnings.

VicEmergency provides information and advice to help people prepare for, respond to and recover from fire and flood. It has a real-time Google Map display with incidents across Victoria including fires, floods, storms, power outages, hazardous material incidents and traffic incidents.

Visit VicEmergency online or download the VicEmergency app via the App Store or Google Play

Weather warnings

Health alerts

Road and marine safety alerts

Victoria's state and national park conditions and closures

Road closures and traffic alerts


For all emergency warnings and advice

Plan and prepare for fires

Bush and grassfire safety

Total fire ban days

Burning off

Planned burns

Be sure to follow CFA on Facebook and Twitter.

Floods, storms, tsunamis and earthquakes

Contact Victoria State Emergency Service on 132 500 for flood, storm, tsunami and earthquake emergency information.

For emergency warnings and advice, call the VicEmergency Hotline on 1800 226 226 or visit VicEmergency.

Relief and recovery

The Victorian Government provides a range of support services and programs to assist families, businesses and farmers affected by emergencies across Victoria.

Call the VicEmergency hotline on 1800 226 226.

Other assistance

Crisis support and suicide prevention


Expert health advice

Crisis accommodation HomeGround Services

Men's Referral Service No to Violence

Women's domestic violence crisis service - Domestic Violence Victoria

Sexual assault crisis line

Relay calls

You can use the National Relay Service (NRS) if you are Deaf, have a hearing impairment, or have difficulty with speech or communication.

Visit our Communication assistance page for more information.

Traffic management points

Traffic management points (TMPs) are temporary road closures set up during an emergency. They are used to protect the community and emergency services personnel when there is potential danger nearby.

Traffic Management Point FAQs
PDF 86.66 KB
(opens in a new window)
Traffic Management Point Information Sheet – Road closures
PDF 65.29 KB
(opens in a new window)

Community emergency evacuation

Information about evacuating in the event of an emergency.

Standard Emergency Warning Signal (SEWS)

The Standard Emergency Warning Signal (SEWS) is a distinctive 'wailing' siren which may be broadcast on radio, television, or public areas such as shopping centres or sports grounds. The use of SEWS is intended to attract the listener's attention prior to the broadcast of an important safety message.

SEWS is used in Victoria to alert members of the community that an official emergency announcement is to be made concerning an actual or impending emergency.

What should I do if I hear SEWS broadcast?

  • Stop what you are doing.
  • Listen carefully to the information provided.
  • Act as directed.

Information on SEWS

SEWS guidelines for its use in Victoria
PDF 1.58 MB
(opens in a new window)