At Victoria Police we embrace the diversity of our employees and are proud to work with our LGBTIQA+ members.
Representing Victoria's LGBTIQA+ communities in our workforce helps us create trust with our community. It also allows us to provide a fair policing service.
We have a variety of networks to support our LGBTIQA+ colleagues and allies, and at all times support an inclusive and fair workplace.
Victoria Police LGBTIQA+ employee networks
There are currently two LGBTIQA+ networks for Victoria Police employees and allies. Any employees can join, including:
- police officers
- protective services officers (PSO)
- Victorian Public Service (VPS) employees
- police custody officers (PCO).
VP PRIDE employee network
VP PRIDE represents a diverse range of employees who identify as LGBTIQA+ or allies.
VP PRIDE has members from all types of ranks and classifications, job descriptions, and locations across the business.
VP PRIDE provides a supportive and consultative forum to raise any concerns with:
- workplace culture
- policy updates, and
- advocating to senior leadership.
VP PRIDE members also:
- contribute to LGBTIQA+ focused initiatives
- create a mentor network
- coordinate education and training for LGBTIQA+ employees and allies
- advocate for organisational support for participation in recognised significant LGBTIQA+ dates and events.
Trans and Gender Diverse Employee Network (TAGDEN)
Our Trans and Gender Diverse Employee Network was created by and for our trans and gender diverse employees.
TAGDEN creates a safe space for trans and gender diverse employees to:
- raise awareness about trans and gender diverse communities
- discuss policy improvements
- advocate to senior leadership
- discuss any concerns with workplace culture.
Victoria Police LGBTIQ+ Inclusion Action Plan 2023-2024
Reviewed 27 November 2023