The Human Resource Command (HRC) supports operational policing by selecting employees with the right skills, developing and ensuring their health, safety and wellbeing. It pays more than 17,000 employees a fortnight and negotiates and manages their working conditions. HRC works in partnership with other departments, regions and commands on its programs and service provision.
Purpose and priorities
- Enabling a safe, healthy and resilient workforce.
- Enhancing organisational equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Maintaining strong ethics and integrity for good governance and organisational performance.
- Optimising capacity, capability and culture for high-performance.
- Delivering quality and efficient HR services.
2021-2022 Projects and Initiatives
- Commander, Police and Victorian Public Service Enterprise Agreements
- Streamline and modernise merit-based selection and promotion
- Staff Allocation Model (including Minimum Service Levels Phase Four)
- New Performance Development and Assessment Framework and System
- Community Safety Statement commitments
- VEOHRC commitments
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy and Action Plan
- Health and Safety Strategy and Action Plan
- HR Business Partner Model
- Respectful Workplace Behaviour (Anti-Bullying Framework)
- Streamlined, automated and standardised processes
- People Matter Survey
- Provisional Payments Pilot
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Injury Management and WorkCover
- Occupational Health and Safety Consultants
- Wellbeing Services (Welfare)
- Internal Witness Support
- Peer Support and Chaplaincy
- Mental Health Program Office
- Strategy and Audit Systems
- Safe-T-Net support system
- Gender equality and inclusion support and consultancy
Recruitment and Deployment Division
- Recruiting and Promotion Services
- Workforce Planning
- Medical Advisory Unit.
Gender Equality and Inclusion Division
- driving implementation of Equal, Safe & Strong our 10-year strategy
- supporting the Women in Policing Advisory Group and the Women in Policing Local Committees
- developing a new Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and supporting action plan to embed diversity and inclusion in these same people functions
The division comprises the following four areas:
- Identifying strategic opportunities for the whole of organisation reform and stronger leadership capability.
- Engaging and supporting workplaces to achieve gender equality outcomes by jointly designing and delivering tailored workplace approaches.
- Building organisational understanding for the benefits of gender equality to our culture and our practice.
- Strengthening employee engagement with gender equality initiatives.
- Measuring and reporting on progress in relation to gender equality outcomes.
- Identifying strategic opportunities to drive performance and accountability.
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) peoples
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) peoples
- Peoples with disability
HR Programs Division
- HR Systems Management
- Payroll Services
- Workforce Reporting and Analytics.
Workplace Relations Division
Provides client focussed team-based advisory service to designated portfolios regarding employment conditions and entitlements, ensuring compliance with industrial agreements and related organisational policies, including VPS Misconduct.
Performance and Development Division
- HR Business Partners
- Performance Development and Assessment
- Honours and Awards.
Reviewed 24 March 2022