The Victorian Government Purchasing Board's procurement framework is supported by five policies. They are:
Governance structure embeds procurement across the organisation and ensures alignment with business planning. It encompasses greater focus on upfront strategic planning and transparency to provide consistency of market approach and better value-for-money procurement decisions.
Complexity and capability assessment
Procurement decisions based on an assessment of complexity and the capability of Victoria Police to conduct the procurement. Procurement can only proceed when Victoria Police determines it has the necessary capability to meet the complexity of the procurement activity.
Market analysis and review
Market analysis determines the capacity of the market to supply and the opportunities for market-based solutions. A review of requirements and processes in response to market analysis determines the most appropriate path to market.
Victoria Police must continuously be applying a structured, measured approach to informing, evaluating and negotiating with suppliers.
Contract management and contract disclosure
Contract management is escalated to a high-level consideration early in the planning process to arrive at an integrated end-to-end procurement framework.
Victoria Police will ensure that all procurement activity continues to meet the following directives:
- Value for money: A balanced judgement of a range of financial and non-financial factors, taking into account the mix of quality, cost and resources; fitness for purpose; total cost of ownership; and risk.
- Accountability: The Accountable Officer has the flexibility to conduct procurement activities using appropriate capability to provide value-for-money outcomes.
- Probity: High standards of behaviour and actions in the conduct of procurement processes, including equity, confidentiality, avoiding conflicts of interest, and consumer/supplier confidence in the integrity of government procurement processes.
- Scalability: The relationship between the complexity of a procurement project and the capability of the organisation to conduct it to achieve a good procurement outcome.
Annual procurement plan
The Annual Procurement Plan 2018-19 provides suppliers an indication of likely procurements for Victoria Police in this financial year.
- For more information about Victoria Government Purchasing Board frameworks, please visit: www.procurement.vic.gov.au
- For more information about Victorian Government tenders, please visit www.tenders.vic.gov.au
- For more information on Victoria Government procurement and business opportunities please visit: www.business.vic.gov.au
Reviewed 13 March 2019