Media, Communications and Engagement Department delivers a range of services that support the achievement of outcomes in priority areas jointly identified by the community, the government and Victoria Police.
The department is made up of four divisions:
Media and Corporate Communications
The Media and Corporate Communications Division comprises:
- The Media Unit, which manages media issues and incidents, provides spokespeople, press releases and advice on all media matters, and responds to media enquiries.
- Corporate Communications, which is responsible for internal communications, publications (including the ) and online communications.
Marketing and Engagement
The Marketing and Engagement Division comprises:
- The Campaigns team, which is responsible for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of marketing and communications campaigns for Victoria Police
- The Social Media team, which oversees the corporate for Victoria Police
- The Digital Production team, which develops creative digital solutions for the organisation across video, photography, graphic design and animation.
Digital Experience is responsible for improving performance and driving deeper content engagement across the Victoria Police website.
The Community Engagement Division comprises:
- The Film and Television Office, which manages Victoria Police's representation by and interaction with the screen industry
- , which engages our audience in policing, crime and the law by presenting and interpreting our collection and resources to police employees and the public via exhibitions, events, public programs, research projects, publications, and online communications
- , which supports Victoria Police and government programs through performances and supports corporate objectives to protect and enhance the reputation of Victoria Police in the community
- Events team, which manages a number of key events, such as , and takes the Victoria Police brand and corporate message to the Victorian community to increase community awareness and engagement.
Reviewed 05 August 2021