Victoria Police Capability Plan 2016-25: Capability Framework
The Victoria Police Capability Plan 2016-25 establishes what we need to do as an organisation to continue to be effective and highlights the way we will transform our service delivery to be an agile, responsive, people-focussed and connected organisation. It takes a long-term focus to deliver transformational change within the organisation, and deliver more tailored, responsive services to the community.
It outlines the changes we need to make while maintaining and maturing existing capabilities and identifying new ones.
This capability based planning approach is demonstrated through the Capability Plan 2016-2025: Capability Framework. This framework sets the foundation for the Capability Plan which identifies and describes the fundamental inputs to capability, the organisational capabilities (core and enabling), the Blue Paper Transformation Pathways and the outcomes that will be achieved. Using this framework enables coordinated and planned actions to mature these capabilities over the next decade.
The Capability Framework links the annual planning process by establishing the transformation pathways that will highlight areas for capability development in reshaping the way Victoria Police operates by 2025, and guide policy and planning decisions and investment priorities to mature a capability.
These transformation pathways are:
- safety – more focused on the health, safety and wellbeing of our people
- leadership – more confident, humble, respectful and people focused
- agility – more responsive, agile and visible policing
- evidence-based – more evidence-based practices and decision making
- victim-centric – stronger focus on victims, prevention and reduction of harm
- gender, diversity and flexibility - a more professional, flexible and diverse workforce
- technology – leveraging technology to improve policing and business processes
- partnerships – stronger partnerships and co-production with stakeholders
Victoria Police Annual Plan 2021-22
The Victoria Police Annual Plan 2021-2022, which sets out the organisation’s key focus areas for the year ahead, is available now.
The Annual Plan identifies the following four organisational areas of priority for 2021-2022:
- Community safety
- Reduce crime
- Reduce road trauma
- Service delivery excellence
The plan also includes a key focus on our response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, with an outline of the power of work already undertaken to keep the Victorian community safe and a look to how this work will evolve in the year ahead.
Reviewed 31 August 2021