VicPol Corporate

Change of details

It is a requirement of your licence or permit that you notify the Licensing and Regulation Division in writing within 14 days of any change. Penalties apply for failing to notify in writing of a change of certain details.

If you wish to change any of the following, you will need to complete a change of details form online.

  • Address (residential, business and single storage address).
  • Employer (private security only).
  • Personal details (date of birth, phone number, email).

If you ordinarily reside outside of Victoria, you cannot hold a Victorian Firearm Licence.  Instead, you must hold a Firearm Licence issued by the state or territory in which you ordinarily reside. Interstate residents may hold a Victorian Longarm or Handgun Licence, if the licence is required for work purposes in the state of Victoria. 

Change of details eForm

  • Please contact the LRD to change your gender/sex and be aware of the following requirements:

    • A medical report indicating that a course of treatment is being undertaken in preparation for gender re-assignment, or surgical re-assignment has taken place.
    • A certified copy of their ‘Recognised Details Certificate’ or equivalent provided by Births Deaths and Marriages as supplied.
    • A change of name certificate issued by the Victorian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
    • Your full birth certificate (including the schedule of all names changes).
    • Your marriage certificate.
  • If you intend to store your firearms at multiple ordinary storage addresses you must send an updated firearms list to the Licensing and Regulation Division via email and provide the details of each firearm (including serial numbers) and allocate an ordinary storage address for each one.

    You may request a list of your registered firearms to be emailed to you from the Licensing and Regulation Division which you can review and return with your change of details form.

Lost, stolen or damaged licence

If you lose your licence or it is stolen or damaged, you must:

Notify the Licensing and Regulation Division via email as soon as you are aware of your missing licence. Complete a duplicate licence form and send it back via post or email to the Licensing and Regulation Division.

 Once your request has been processed, you will receive instructions for making payment and having your photo taken for a new licence card by post.

Reviewed 14 May 2020

Contact Us

Licensing and Regulation Division GPO Box 2807, Melbourne, VIC 3001