Key crime prevention tips
To prevent theft of your packages and mail, you should:
- secure your letterbox
- divert your deliveries.
Theft prevention checklist
- Choose a design that does not allow access from the front or back.
- Install a good quality lock on the access point.
- Overlay letterboxes with additional security:
- Install letterboxes in a secure area of the building.
- Ensure CCTV cameras cover letterboxes.
- Avoid having bank or utility documents sent by post. Instead, have them sent by email.
- Send parcels to a parcel locker, PO Box, or other collection point. Learn more about delivery options on the .
What to do if your mail has been stolen
Download a printable checklist:
Reviewed 21 November 2023